Check out this great video
2018 Race results are at http://www.runhigh.com/2018RESULTS/R050518CA.html
2019 Race Results are at http://www.runhigh.com/2019RESULTS/R050419CA.html
May 3rd 2020
Youghness Monster 22 Paddlesports Race is a 22 mile down river race. Class 1 & 2 water depending on river levels. .
The race will have several classes to include unlimited, sea kayak, tandem, recreational and fishing kayaks. Canoes and SUP's there will be several classes. The water level is controlled by the U.S. Corp of Engineers at the Youghiogheny Dam. You will be able to race any type of Canoe, Kayak, or SUP. The race starts in Connellsville, PA at the Connellsville Boat Ramp. Finishes at Cedar Creek County Park. The race main sponsor is Performance Kayak Inc and Stellar Kayaks & Surfskis. Performance Kayak is involved with most all of the kayak racing in Western PA. Performance Kayak is Western Pa's premier kayak dealer and can supply you with all you need to get on the water. Come join the fun May 3rd 2020. May 2nd you will have a chance to run the course. Registration and packet pickup will be at Connellsville Boat Ramp May 2nd at 3pm-6pm.
Sunday morning there will be also packet pickup and registration from 7am-9am at the race start at 325 N First St, Connellsville, PA 15425
1. PFD’s Must be worn at all times
2. If you are injured or someone else is dial 911
3. Mandatory Pre race meeting at 9:30
4. Race starts at 10:00. It is chip timed so you can start when you are ready.
5. When you cross the timing mat your time begins
6. If you need help there are check points at mile 6, 13, and 19 (you do not have to stop or check –in)
7. Mile 13 check point if you need to drop out for any reason we have a shuttle and trailer
8. Volunteer Fire Depts will have rescue boats at select positions monitoring the race
9. There will be medics monitoring the trail that follows the river on the left downstream
10. If for some reason you have to get out pull out on the left side of the river and go to the trail
11. There will be cyclists traveling the trail monitoring the race
12. The center of the river is usually the deepest
13. Finish line is at mile 22 at Cedar Creek County Park
14. Shuttles will start back to Connellsville when full
Phone Number to reach for help. If you or someone else is injured dial 911
Hansel Lucas (Director) 724-987-3597
Start line address is 325 N First St, Connellsville, PA 15425
Finish line will be at Cedar Creek Park boat ramp.
May 3rd 2020 The Youghness Monster 22 is a 22 mile canoe & kayak race from Connellsville - Cedar Creek Park Rostraver, PA on the Youghiogheny River.
We will have buses to shuttle you after the race to get your vehicle if needed.
Helmets are not required. PFD's must be worn and an audible sounding device (whistle) are required. The race is on a very scenic section of the Youghiogheny River. The kayak, SUP & canoe race is on class 1 & 2 water that anyone can do. There are some fun rapids. At the perfect water level that we expect this time of the year you can use any type of canoe or kayak. Water temp should be around 65 degrees.
Sign up to hear from us about updates, places to stay, and more info