Race results are at http://www.runhigh.com/2018RESULTS/R050518CA.html
Registration closes on May 3rd at midnight. Registration and packet pickup will be at Connellsville Boat Ramp May 4th at 4pm-7pm. There is a spaghetti dinner for $8 at registration Friday night.
Saturday morning there will be also packet pickup and registration from 7am-9am at the race start at 325 N First St, Connellsville, PA 15425
1. PFD’s Must be worn at all times
2. If you are injured or someone else is dial 911
3. Mandatory Pre race meeting at 9:30
4. Race starts at 10:00. It is chip timed so you can start when you are ready.
5. When you cross the timing mat your time begins
6. If you need help there are check points at mile 6, 13, and 19 (you do not have to stop or check –in)
7. Mile 13 check point if you need to drop out for any reason we have a shuttle and trailer
8. Volunteer Fire Depts will have rescue boats at select positions monitoring the race
9. There will be medics monitoring the trail that follows the river on the left downstream
10. If for some reason you have to get out pull out on the left side of the river and go to the trail
11. There will be cyclists travelling the trail monitoring the race
12. The center of the river is usually the deepest
13. Performance Kayak is located at mile 24
14. Finish line is at mile 25 past the West Newton Bridge on the right
15. Your bib race number has a ticket for 1 free beer (extra beer will be available for purchase)
16. Second ticket on your bib is for food
17. Shuttles will start back to Connellsville when full
Phone Numbers to reach for help. If you or someone else is injured dial 911
Hansel Lucas (Director) 724-987-3597
Steve Brunner (Director) 724-884-3163
Start line address is 325 N First St, Connellsville, PA 15425
Finish line Address is 100 Riverside Dr. West Newton, PA 15089
May 5th 2018 The Youghness Monster 25 is a 25 mile canoe & kayak race from Connellsville - West Newton, PA on the Youghiogheny River.
We will have buses to shuttle you after the race to get your vehicle if needed.
Spectators can follow the course on the Great Allegheny Passage bike trail. You will be able to see 75% of the race from the trail.
Helmets are not required. PFD's must be worn and an audible sounding device (whistle) are required. The race is on a very scenic section of the Youghiogheny River. The kayak & canoe race is on class 1 & 2 water that anyone can do. There are some fun rapids. At the perfect water level that we expect this time of the year you can use any type of canoe or kayak. Water temp should be around 65 degrees.
Sign up to hear from us about updates, places to stay, and more info